"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Notable Quote: On Being a Writer by Stephen King

I’m reading Stephen King’s The Shining as I promised.  It’s a fun read, a good read for the summer, even though the setting is Rocky Mountains in the winter.  I’ll have something on it.  But let this wise quote (not from the novel) suffice from Stephen King for now.
 

If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There's no way around these two things that I'm aware of, no shortcut.

      -Stephen King
 

2 comments:

  1. I love Stephen King's writing. Sometimes he strays into a little too much off color stuff for me, but on the whole, his command of language is astounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying The Shining. It could have been compressed a little better, but I can see why King is as popular as he is. I'll have a post on the novel at some point.

      Delete