"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Music Tuesday: "Will the Circle Be Unbroken (By and By)" by June Carter Cash

I've been listening to a number of songs by June Carter Cash, the wife and often musical accompaniment to the famous Johnny Cash, and I have to say she too was quite a talent, not only as a singer but as a songwriter.  She did not write this song, but I just love how she sings it, "Will the Circle Be Unbroken."  It just sounds so raw and down to earth.





Now this is not the original "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" but a reworking of the original hymn.



2 comments:

  1. Thank You Manny

    Although, I've heard this song by many other groups and in various bluegrass style, I really enjoyed hearing June Carter' solo version... by the way, while listening, I couldn't help but think about your good mother... I hope she's doing well and that no more dogs have gotten in her way since her last accident.

    God Bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh than you for remembering. She's doing fine and no more encounters with dogs...lol.

      Delete