"Love follows knowledge."
"Beauty above all beauty!"
– St. Catherine of Siena

Monday, October 23, 2017

Matthew Monday: First Essay

Matthew had to write his first essay for school.  It was to be on his favorite saint, and he chose his namesake, St. Matthew the Evangelist.  It’s only six short sentences so I’m going to reproduce it here.

My Favorite Saint

St. Matthew started as a tax collector and he was a sinner.  Tax collectors took a lot of money from people.  Then Jesus talked to him and he became good.  He became an apostle and Jesus’ disciple.  He wrote one of the Gospels.  His feast day is September 21.


Ha, that is so cute.  Hand written in a third grader’s handwriting it looks a lot longer.  He’s submitting it today.  I hope he gets a good grade but I don’t know.  It doesn’t look like there’s much there.  But I don’t know what they expect in third grade.  I’ll pass on how he does.


2 comments:

  1. Well he hit all the pertinent facts- hope he gets a good score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Matthew. God bless you and your parents.

    ReplyDelete